KU recently launch virtual reality in the pilot subject "Logging systems". Students have an opportunity to learn how to use chainsaw virtually and safely. An educational game Limberjack was introduced in classroom. Just like limbing in the real world, technique, precision and speed are crucial for productivity and a good result.
What are the benefits?
- Students learn better through experience
- Learning by doing
- Easy to engage students
- Sparks the imagination and encourages creative thinking
- Promotes peer interaction
- Provides realistic travel experience. Better sense of place.
- Offers memorable experiences.